Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Drop That Cupcake Diet

I've been on a diet now, for about 30 years. I still have not reached my goal weight. I have done the Slim Fast diet, the Weight Watchers diet, the starvation diet, the kids picking off of your plate diet, along with a few other crazy diets. I do not have time in my day to count each calorie I eat, or every point I consume. I don't want to drink my meal from a can or die from starvation. I think every woman is looking for a way to lose weight, the faster the better. If that way is also healthy, wouldn't that be excellent?

Being a mom, we usually put our needs last, There is just not enough time in the day to fit in a trip to the gym, or a leisurely run.. unless the carriage your children are in, gets loose and rolls down the driveway headed toward the street. I have tried to work out at home. Yoga ball workout, turned into 3 kids bouncing on an upside down mom and a few bumped heads. Zumba, turned into 3 kids in their underwear, wrestling to Reggaeton music. Latin dance ended in a few squished toes and a lot of crying, and Turbo Jam brought out the karate kids, little fists and feet flying everywhere. I will not give up, trying to fit a workout in my day somewhere, but for now, we do a cardio cleanup, where we run around the house and try and pick up the messy rooms as fast as we can, the kids get excited that I am letting them run in the house and I am happy that they are actually putting things away as they fly down the hall.

 Even though you can't fit an hour long workout into your day, you can still lose weight. By just changing what you eat, you will drop pounds and feel better about your self. I am not saying that you shouldn't try and find time to exercise, but don't put off your diet because you think it won't do any good unless you workout.  I have recently lost 18 pounds by just changing the way I eat. Through my chiropractor, who is also a nutritionist, I have learned a new, healthy way to consume food, have more energy and never be hungry. With all this new energy I have, maybe, just maybe, I will find time in my day to start working out. I think I will start.....next week. :)

In my next post, I will talk about the diet and all the information I have learned. For now, drop that cupcake and think thin, healthy thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment